A new YMCA is now opened on Indianapolis westside! The 56,000-square-foot OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA at 5315 N. Lafayette Rd. boasts an indoor pool and track, gymnasium, teaching kitchen, and outdoor terrace, among many other amenities. It’s also the first YMCA in the country to house an onsite medical clinic for veterans. A striking 8-foot SALUTE sculpture to honor all veterans greets guests at the Y’s entrance.
The OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA is one of 12 in Greater Indianapolis and the area’s sixth new YMCA this decade.
A campaign to build a YMCA in Westfield, IN began this earlier this year.
BY THE NUMBERS
More than 50 free classes a week
- 65 pieces of cardio equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, rowers, upright and recumbent bikes
- More than 60 hours of open gym time a week. At nearly 7,400 square feet, the gym is so large that you can play pickleball, volleyball, and basketball at the same time.
- It takes 20,000 gallons of water to fill the pool. With nearly 10 hours of open swim time a day, the pool features 4 swim lanes, a therapy area, and zero depth entry. One of the spray features is a 15 ft. x 5 ft. frog, which was so large that the builders had to remove a window to place it in the facility.
- 12 pieces of adaptive or adapt-able cardio strength equipment
- 11 laps on the indoor track make a mile.
- SALUTE, an 8-foot sculpture featuring 5 service men and women greets guests at the entrance
- Up to 2 hours of free childcare each day for members
- Approximately 33 contractors were used to build OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA.
– – Read More Fun Facts about the OrthoIndy Foundation YMCA – –