Vending machines are known for selling not so good for you food. A Chicago based start-up, Farmer’s Fridge is changing that by providing fresh food right out of a vending machine. Since launching in 2013, Farmer’s Fridge has deployed 200 + vending machines throughout Chicago and Milwaukee – and now Indianapolis.
Seven of the 18 total fridges opening in Indianapolis will be available to the public so you can grab a healthy lunch or a snack on the go:
- Angie’s List building: 130 E. Washington St., Indianapolis. Located in the lounge.
- BMO Plaza: 135 N. Pennsylvania St., Indianapolis. Located in the main lobby.
- Circle Centre Mall: 49 W. Maryland St., Indianapolis. Located in the food court.
- Capital Center: 251 W. New York St., Indianapolis. Located in the main lobby.
- Indianapolis International Airport: One in baggage claim by door 3, one in Concourse A post-security, and one in Concourse B post-security.
- PNC Center: 101 W. Washington St., Indianapolis. Located in the main lobby.
- Salesforce Tower: 5 E. Ohio St., Indianapolis. Located in the main lobby.
The menu includes a north Napa salad (a fan favorite), sesame cashew noodle bowl, smoked cheddar cobb salad, pesto pasta bowl, dark chocolate trail mix (which is delicious) and much more – ranging from $4 – $8.
The shelf-life of some of the products isn’t very long so instead of throwing the un-purchased food in the trash. Farmer’s Fridge takes all the leftover items to local food pantries and other non-profit organizations. Farmer’s Fridge is helping to change the food scene one vending machine at a time.
If you are interested in trying out the new Fridge, follow the link below for $8 off your first purchase. Share the link with friends, family, and co-workers. https://try.farmersfridge.com/indreferral