We partnered up with Green Bean Delivery to try their grocery delivery service. As a busy parent and/or professional, grocery delivery can be your best friend. There are several grocery delivery options these days, but shopping local is not only better for the environment, you know exactly where your products are sourced from.
Based in Indianapolis, Green Bean Delivery, is an online natural grocery service that partners with hundreds of farmers and artisans from around the Midwest to deliver wholesome foods directly to your home or office. We tried out Green Bean Delivery for the first time and we fell in love on first order.
Guacamole is one of Team’s favorite healthy snacks so we developed our very own recipe. This delicious recipe will have you saying, HOLY GUACAMOLE! Guacamole is the perfect snack for any occasion and is quick and easy to make. Serve it with chips, tacos and more!
You can order all the ingredients below from Green Bean Delivery. The best part? Save 20% off your first 3 orders when you use our code BeWellindy. Check out our recipe below.
The Ultimate Guacamole Recipe
THIS IS ALL YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 large ripe organic avocados
- 2 limes, squeezed.
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of cumin (optional)
HOW TO DO IT:
- Choose a ripe avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm and be a nice dark green color on the inside
- Finely chop cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, garlic
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl
- Add the salt and using a fork, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Coat with lime juice
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary
Lastly, pair with Late July – Sea Salt Organic Multigrain Chips (available at Green Bean Delivery).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people