Cities around the country have been instructed to shut down, and as more people practice social distancing across the country, small businesses are feeling the impact. In the city of Indianapolis, the Mayor released a series of orders that will directly impact local farmers’ markets.
Today, the Indy Winter Farmers Market announced they will suspend operations of the market for the remainder of the season, to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The Indy Winter Farmers Market is operated by local nonprofit, Growing Places Indy and for the last 12 years, it has served an essential function as a vital source of fresh fruits and vegetables and food staples for our community.
Now more than ever, it’s more important to show our support of local farmers and food producers. The Indy Winter Farmers Market may be closed, but you can still support and shop with the vendors you love. We put together a list of local farmers and food producers who offer a variety of produce, eggs, honey, local meats, ice cream, and so much more!
- This family farm offers fresh eggs and locally raised meets; you can also order on Market Wagon, at beckerfarmsin.com.
- Offering a variety of veggies like kale, salad mix, and more to online via this form, and pick-up at their farm.
- Offering a variety of veggies like kale, salad mix, carrots, by visiting https://fullhandfarm.square.site/. Orders will be taken until 7 am, Friday, March 20, and then delivering bags at the parking lot next to Einstein brothers bagels in Broad Ripple on Saturday morning from 9:30 am-11 am.
- Offering all-natural, non-GMO microgreens and sprouts that are grown to order and harvested the same day they’re delivered to you. Visit www.ecologico.us to learn more.
- Selling a variety of organic and locally grown produce available on Market Wagon.
- Offering a variety of fresh lettuce, herbs, kale, and more. To order, you can call 765.237.2112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offering a variety of herbs and veggies to order call or text 317.753.7078.
- Offering a variety of fruits, root vegetables, spices, and eggs. To order call or text Jacob, at 317.270.4585 or Dale, 317.519.3983.
- Offering a variety of forest raised pork, our grass-fed beef, and poultry available online at www.secondbreakfastranch.com.
- You can purchase a great variety of our forest raised pork and 100% grass-fed beef products at Georgetown Market on Indy’s West Side. To learn more, please visit the Georgetown Market website.
- Offering fresh seafood available to order online at wildalaskasalmonandseafood.com.
- Offering a variety of coffee beans available online at www.beecoffeeroasters.com.
- Offering a variety of canned Kombucha available via Amazon Fresh. More delivery options will be shared via the website and Instagram.
- Offering coffee beans and grounds available online at harvestcafecoffee.com.
- Offering online ordering and delivery; to order, visit www.317juicery.com.
- They are offering a variety of teas available to order online at royalfrenchmentea.com or email email@example.com for a list of teas.
- Offering a variety of ice creams available for delivery. Visit their Instagram for details.
- Offering CBD, planted-based treats including cookies, donuts cookies, cold brew, and more. To order, email Leo at Leoswellnessbakery@gmail.com or call 219.314.0903.
- Offering a variety of CBD products. They are offering to ship orders 6 days a week and curbside pick-up and delivery with Indianapolis. To order, call or text Ian at 317.374.2227 or Tyler at 720.633.1692.
- Offering a variety of bread, and the bakery is open for pick up. Visit ameliasbread.com to order.
- Offering a variety of baked goods, granola, croissants available via Bloomingfoods Co-op in Bloomington, IN, and through home delivery service and bakery pick-up. To order visit, muddyforkbakery.square.site/ for Bloomington delivery and pick-up only.
- Offering a variety of gluten-free loaves of bread available to order and pick up at its bakery. Visit www.nativebread.com to order.
- Offering organic popcorn available to order online at www.groomsvillepopcorn.com.
- Offering a variety of cheeses available to order and pick up at the creamery. Pick-up hours will be on Wednesdays and Saturdays or by appointment. Visit www.tuliptreecreamery.com.
- Offering a variety of vegan cheese options. To order, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julieann Davis at 765.543.5110.
- Offering 100% Plant-based, Gluten-free, Sugar-Free, and Soy Free creations; handcrafted in small batches with superfoods and herbs. You can shop online at www.marketwagon.com.
- Offering a variety of sauces that are available online at www.chefbricker.com and Market Wagon.
- Offering honey and maple syrup and available on Market Wagon via dragonwood.online for ordering online.
pH3rment Ferments with Botanicals
- Offering a variety of ferments. The owner will take orders by email at pH3rment@gmail.com, or by phone at 317-997-7563.
- They are offering seasonal preserves available for order and delivery. Visit their Instagram to learn more.
- Offering a variety ferments available online at hiddenpondllc.com
- Offering online ordering and delivery; visit 3in1restaurant.com
- Everyone’s favorite egg rolls are available on Market Wagon; visit www.marketwagon.com.
- Local chef Felicia is cooking up her famous shrimp and grits, lobster mac and cheese, shrimp scampi, smoked salmon, crawfish etouffee, and seafood gumbo. Available via Market Wagon.
A majority of the below vendors already offer online orders and delivery. Click the names to visit the website to learn more.