The 500 Festival recently announced its new calendar of events and dates for 2020. The organization plans to create an event lineup, taking place throughout August, complementing the newly announced date of the 104th Indianapolis 500.
The 500 Festival’s intended calendar of events is as follows:
- 500 Festival Kickoff to May, presented by STAR Bank: Friday, August 7, 2020
- Salesforce & JPMorgan Chase 500 Festival Kids’ Day and Rookie Run: Saturday, August 8, 2020
- 500 Festival Breakfast at the Brickyard, presented by Midwestern Engineers, Inc. – Saturday, August 15, 2020
- 500 Festival Volunteer Appreciation Day – Saturday, August 15, 2020
- 500 Festival Memorial Service, presented by Rolls-Royce – Friday, August 21, 2020
- 500 Festival Off the Grid, presented by KeyBank – Friday, August 21, 2020
- IPL 500 Festival Parade – Saturday, August 22, 2020
Making adjustments and following COVID-19 regulations:
According to their website, the 500 Festival will continue to monitor and make necessary adjustments to the festival schedule based on future COVID-19 regulations. Additionally, the organization will work closely with local, state, and federal officials, as well as local health care experts, their partners at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and corporate partners. These efforts will be made to ensure that all spectators and participants of the festival have a safe and healthy experience. The 500 Festival organization recognizes the importance of establishing enhanced measures for all rescheduled events and will organize additional adjustments and precautions in anticipation of the expected heat and humidity in August. Any finalized measures will be announced as needed on the 500 Festival’s websites and social media accounts.
Bob Bryant, president, and CEO of the 500 festival speaks on these issues:
“We recognize the difficulty in scheduling public events during this ever-changing environment. At this time, we are putting together an intended schedule of events with the understanding that there is much to transpire between now and August. We will continue to follow the guidance and direction of health officials to ensure the appropriate environment for our participants, volunteers, and staff. We’re also working on new ways for everyone to experience our events and programs virtually and find new ways to relish in our cherished May traditions without compromising public health. This is a challenging time for everyone, but we’re all #INthistogether.”
Event details and tickets:
The festival organization continues to work through event details and logistics in the new 2020 timeframe. Once event details are finalized, the organization will share all relevant information with the public. For those who have already purchased tickets to the 2020 events, those tickets will be valid for the revised event dates. Additionally, the organization will offer other options should the new dates conflict with ticket buyers’ schedules. Throughout this week, full details and ticket options will be communicated to ticket buyers.
Tickets for the following rescheduled 2020 events remain on sale:
- IPL 500 Festival Parade
- 500 Festival Breakfast at the Brickyard, presented by Midwestern Engineers, Inc.
- 500 Festival Off the Grid, presented by KeyBank