What is the Indy Fitness Festival? It’s Indianapolis’ only Fitness Crawl kicking off September 17-20! It’s a 4-day fitness experience giving festival-goers access to more than 95 classes, 40+ gyms and studios in Downtown Indy, Fishers, Carmel, and Broad Ripple area. Participating studios will offer full-length workouts ranging from 30-60 minutes and there is something for everyone. Read on to see the stop seven studios to try during the festival.
1. Cirque Indy – the fest’s most popular studio three years in a row! They offer a unique form of movement that makes you want to join the circus, including aerial silk, aerial hoop, static trapeze, aerial sling, flexibility, and hand balancing. These classes are already on the waitlist.
2. Danceworks Indy – Bringing dance to the festival has proven to be one of the most fun additions to the lineup from Swerk, a Hip-Hop cardio dance, to beginners ballet and more.
3. Fit4mom Carmel – Fitness classes for moms with their littles in tote! The Festival founder (a momma of two) is proud to have mommy focused classes that promote fitness classes for moms at every level and stage of motherhood.
4. F45 training (Downtown, North Carmel, and Fishers Geist) – The F stands for functional training, a mix of circuit and HIIT style workouts geared towards the everyday movement. 45 is the total amount of time for sweat-dripping, heart-pumping fun; high-intensity group workouts that are fast, fun, and results-driven.
5. Pure barre – (Broad Ripple, Downtown Indy, and Fishers) – Lift, tone, and burning in all the right places! Your backside and core will be sore for days after taking one of the classic or foundations classes at any of these locations. Leaving you with a lean and toned physique that’s great for all ages.
6. [Solidcore] – (Broad Ripple, Carmel, and Downtown Indy) – 50 minutes of slow and controlled Pilates-based resistance training to break down your slow-twitch muscle fibers. All performed on a machine called ‘sweatlana’ with hyped music, dim lights, and motivational quotes staring you in the face. It will burn so good and you will see 2x the results from working out without this method.
7. Urban Meditation Studio – Indy’s newest studio helping to bring mindfulness to the festival this year. Experience stress relief and relaxation practiced on a lava stone floor imported from Indonesia. The use of crystals and oils under an ambient lit room brings your mind and body to peace.
You still have time to grab your tickets, but not for long! Get 10% off tickets by using the code “bewellfitfest10” at checkout. To learn more about the Indy Fitness Festival, visit www.indyfitnessfestival.com and following them on Facebook, and Instagram. We will see you at the festival!
This feature was written in partnership with the Indy Fitness Festival.