In 2019, the U.S. plant-based foods market hit the $5 billion mark, and major fast-food giants like McDonald’s, and Burger King even released plant-based options on their menus. As a growing number of consumers embrace flexitarian living, and reduce their intake of meat and dairy products it’s no surprise that more brands are starting to create their own line of plant-based products.
Today, Kroger recently announced the expansion of its Simple Truth Plant Based collection, unveiling more than 50 new plant-based products, including non-dairy cheeses, oat milk ice cream, and fresh chicken-less patties.
Kroger’s Simple Truth Plant Based collection launched with more than 20 products last September, featuring vegan chocolate chip cookie dough, oat milk, sour cream, deli slices, sausage, and other products. Since then, the line has continued to grow, offering a diverse selection of vegan- and flexitarian-friendly snacks, spreads, dips, desserts, burger patties and grinds, and more. By the end of 2020, the collection will feature more than 75 products.
The Simple Truth Plant Based collection now includes more dairy-free options like cheese shreds and slices, oat milk ice cream, almond milk yogurt, and creamy salad dressings, as well as trend-inspired recipes like ready-to-eat brownie batter and cauliflower dips.
The new products include:
- Cheese Shreds (Cheddar and Mozzarella)
- Cheese Slices (Cheddar and Hot Pepper)
- Oat Milk Ice Cream (Strawberry Graham, Sea Salt Caramel, Peanut Butter Chip, Black Raspberry Chip, and Maple Pecan)
- Almond Milk Yogurts (Vanilla, Strawberry, Blueberry, and Mango)
- Cauliflower Dips (Buffalo, Spicy Queso, Tzatziki, and Cilantro with Jalapeño)
- Caesar and Ranch Salad Dressings
- Ready-to-Eat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready-to-Eat Chocolate Truffle Brownie Batter